* “Restaurant Week” is coming February 15-23. According to the Great Falls tourism agency: “Experience a culinary adventure through a limited, set-price menu at participating restaurants.” Among the restaurants taking part in the event are the Celtic Cowboy (downtown) and Jah-T’aime (the amazing Jamaican restaurant). Details here; Facebook event page here.
* Speaking of restaurants – we finally made our first visit to the Black Bear Diner over in the Marketplace (formerly Macaroni Grill, formerly Moonshine Grill)! First impressions: delightful decor and atmosphere, whimsical and large menu, and tasty food. Full-length review coming soon – here’s a look at the dessert case!
* Country music singer Aaron Tippin is going to take the plunge as a “mer-man” at the Sip N’ Dip! It’s happening on February 5th – details + ticket info here.
* Sad news — Jumping Monkeys Bounce is closing, according to its Facebook page. They will be open through the end of February.
Jenn over at The Electric has some info on the three finalists for the GFPS superintendent job: Jon Konen, Tom Moore, and Gregory Nyen. The incumbent, Tammy Lacey, announced several months ago that this will be her last year as superintendent.
The woman who died after being hit by a car near Walmart has been identified as Mary Allison; she was 89 years old. According to KFBB, it appears to have been a tragic accident, and no criminal charges are pending.
* Flashback: Here’s a little treasure found at (IIRC) the Jack Club a few years ago – I think it’s an ashtray.