– Contrary to what every pundit and analyst and campaign supporter has told us, this is NOT the most important election in American history. Every election is the most important – or to be precise, the next election is always the “most important.” The only one that matters – the only one that is important – is the one that is next on the calendar.
– Biden is from Delaware – the first state. McCain is from Arizona (mostly), Obama from Hawaii (sort of), and Palin from Alaska – the last three states admitted to the Union.
– Every analyst and pundit keeps telling us that Missouri/Virginia/Iowa/Pennsylvania/etc has voted for the winning candidate in every election except 1956/1992/1964/etc, and that no candidate can win without the support of Smith/Clark/Fairfield/Springfield county. ENOUGH. Just stop it. Every election is full of surprises, and every precinct, county, and state is bound to pick a winner most of the time. Don’t base your predictions on one-off election instances.
– The contrarian in me can’t wait to see how McCain supporters will react to an Obama win, or the Obama supporters to a McCain win. Which side will take the loss hardest? Will heads explode?
– Any election thoughts to share from you? How was your voting experience (if you voted at ExpoPark today)? GF Girl voted and tells us how it went.