Happy Summer, everyone! Yep – today is the official first day of summer. Coming just nine days after our most recent snowstorm…heh. And what better way to celebrate the arrival of the hottest season than by taking the family for some splashy fun? The Electric City Water Park opens tomorrow! Read more
Tag Archives: kids
Just a reminder about tomorrow’s “fun”-raiser for the family of Luke Clinger, a great kid from CMR who remains in a coma at Benefis following an auto crash in October. Some of the auction items up for bid are pretty amazing (ski trips, John Elway autographed memorabilia, etc). Also: no more admission – free to get in. More details… Read more
This probably doesn’t interest too many grown-ups, but I’d wager that there are plenty of “tweens” in town that are excited about “Hannah Montana 3D,” which will begin playing at the Carmike theater on Friday. The movie is already setting some pre-release records, apparently, and might be the reason that the server for the Carmike company is currently down (as of 11:57 pm Wednesday night).
UPDATE, Thursday morning: Carmike site is back up, and it looks like advance tickets are $15, and $18 at the door. The show will play at 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, and 9:00 each day from Feb 1 through Feb 6, with a 10:00 am show on Saturday (Feb 2).
This hits close to home – Luke Clinger is a friend of my daughter’s. If you can help by donating auction items, attending the “fun”-raiser, or giving money, it can make a world of difference to Luke and his family. Here’s information about the fundraiser for Luke and his family: Read more
1. Attend the Christmas Stroll downtown tomorrow!
2. Take a look at AJ Tooley’s video entry and help him win $25K!
3. Plan your holiday TV viewing – classic TV shows and movies, plus some more modern fare.
4. Sign up to be a volunteer judge at the high school debate tourney!
5. Help the Landon family by attending a spaghetti dinner and silent auction tomorrow! “Boo” Landon and his three kids lost everything in a fire a few weeks ago, so the benefit at the Sand Coulee Fire Hall is designed to help the family get back on their feet.
Did you know that there is a Lego Club in Great Falls? Can’t remember where I saw this sign, but I hope that it isn’t old and that the Lego Club is still around. According to this flyer, the club meets the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month at 3:30 pm in the basement of the Westside Baptist Church. Call 455-6412 for more information.
By the way, did you know that there Lego Professionals?