1. Heard that a new pretzel place might be opening up in Holiday Village Mall. If true – hooray! Oh, how I’ve missed Neon Pretzel! I used to love ordering a tasty gyro from Little Athens, and while waiting for Nick to make it perfect, jump across the hallway and grab a pretzel to nibble on.
2. Rumor that a “call center” of some sort – possibly on NW Bypass? – is shutting down.
Anyone with info on either of these rumors…? Drop a comment here or use the handy Contact form – thanks!
UPDATE: looks like both rumors are no longer rumors – got confirmation that the Cellular One call center did indeed close today (sad), and learned that the pretzel place opens tomorrow (glad)!
Went downtown yesterday and dropped by Allyson’s place, and holy cow – if you’re looking for bargains on jewelry and diamonds, you really need to check it out. I’m not much into jewelry, but at these prices…
And I also stopped by Sign Pro to (finally!) deliver the prize to Harley Rider for winning the “First Snow!” contest. Sorry it took so long, Harley Rider! And while I was visiting, she showed off some of the nifty “car wraps” that the store does – check this out:
– Remember back when 94.5 had the “Hershey & Bubba” show? Well, we’ve still got Hershey (waves to Scott), but if you wondered where “Bubba” went, here you go.
– Remember TWISS? The person who posted it is Jim Gray, aka Montana’s “The Kitchen Guy.”
– Remember the nuclear embarrassments at Minot AFB? Nothing as bad as that at Malmstrom, but …apparently the big inspection didn’t go as well as hoped.
– Remember Great Falls native Ryan Leaf? He’s also in the news…but hey, at least he’s popular with crack addicts!
Another new blogger! This one is Frontier Mom posting over at The Wild Frontier; she’s in the Great Falls area, and off to a great start with her blog. Go welcome her to the Great Falls blogosphere!
Montana Veterans Memorial in Great Falls:
It’s a beautiful place. If you haven’t visited yet – you should.
This is the first Veterans Day since 1986 that I am not in the Air Force. It’s strange – now that I am no longer serving, I feel even more gratitude towards those who do. Does that make sense? Any other vets feel the same way?
*bump to top* This is sad for Great Falls: Diamonds By Design is shutting down. It’s a nifty jewelry store downtown, sort of co-located with Dragonfly Dry Goods.
But it’s good news for Allyson, a great gal who is moving on to bigger & better things…and it’s good for you, if you’re looking for some great deals on diamonds and jewelry! Allyson authorized me to promote her going out of business sale – so read this, print it out, head on downtown, and find a bargain! Read more